Sunday, January 12, 2014

Later Renaissance - 30mm Flats



Got around to painting some examples of the Wohlmann figures which I bought from Alexander Wilken a while back.  Here are the two main cavalry poses. Actually there was another but he did not seem to survive getting lost in the mail.  Alexander was went to a lot of trouble to replace the lost shipment so I didn't pester him about it.



And the three types of Landsknecht pikemen.  I won't quite say that I'm intimidated by painting landsknechts, but perhaps due to some lack of imagination, I tend towards feeling somewhat overwhelmed by the wild freedom of choice in the color schemes.  So it's a matter of just painting something, anything on the figures and if you paint a few duds, well there's always relegation to the inside of the formation for them. ;-)   



And a group shot, same as above without the camera's "watercolor" filter.


Next up, working on the 40mm general from the Heinrichsen Rossbach set. He's coming along pretty nicely, I think.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff! A big block of those would look great. Cavalry are very nice, too.

    Cheers, Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Simon.

    I agree, a big block will look good. The marching poses of the landsknechts are a minor drawback. I'd have preferred them in fighting mode with the pikes at least upright. But they still can make for a useable formation.

    Regards,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superbly painted. Flats have a beauty unto themselves. Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much, Dean.
    Regards,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete